Thursday, July 14, 2016

Oh the Beauty of a Child's Heart



I was meditating on Matthew 18:3 "In truth I tell you, unless you change and become like little children you will never enter the kingdom of Heaven."

As a child I don't remember doubting my worth. I knew I was a child of God and I knew He loved me. 

The world was so beautiful. I absolutely loved people, I could see past people's insecurities and "flaws". It was as if I could see straight into their heart. I never felt the need to condemn others, just love them for who they are and love them right where they are at. 

Then... I entered my tween/teen years and everything changed. 

My self esteem dropped because I started questioning my worth. Was I loved? Was I worth it? I constantly tried to prove myself to my friends, family and even people I didn't know. I was always self conscious and questioning if I was beautiful.

Do you see the connection? As a result of not looking to God to satisfy my heart, I became insecure because in Him is my security.

Now I am beginning to see how beautiful the heart of a child is and I'm working on reclaiming that heart in my life by:

  • Spending more time in prayer and deepening my relationship with God. Asking Him to show me things through His eyes, rather than my worldly, distorted and clouded perspective due to my sins.
  • Remembering that I will never look at a person whom God does not love. 

We have so much to learn from each other, especially children... 


No comments:

Post a Comment