Sunday, August 28, 2016

Knight in Shining Armor


Multiple times I have been guilty of wanting some handsome, young guy to come in and save me from all of my problems so life can be perfect. I have waited, wanted to be loved, to be desired and fought for.

One day at the Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament, I had a revelation, a revelation that left me in tears. I realized Jesus is my Knight in Shining Armor. He was mocked, tortured, killed, humiliated... just for me. The beauty of it all is He died just so He could spend eternity with me.

If that isn't true love, I don't know what is.

I can search forever for a handsome, young man to fill my heart's deepest desire; but the reality is only Jesus can. No other person can ever love me like He does. He has already shown me a deeper love than I can ever dream of... Now it is up to me to accept His love.

Picture Credit

No comments:

Post a Comment