Monday, November 28, 2016

Letting Go



I have a really hard time with change. When life is changing and I dont have control over a situations outcome, it can be a little scary. What I do have control of, however, is how I react to the situations in my life.

I heard a really beautiful quote about how the trees show us how beautiful it is to let dead things go. There are so many things that I hung onto way longer than necessary, to the point where I was allowing those things to hurt me and my relationship with the Lord. The Lord had all of these beautiful things He wanted to bless me with, but I couldn't receive His gifts until I let go of the dead things in order to make room for the life-giving gifts He prepared for me. Too many times I have frantically done everything to hold onto someone/place/thing because it became my idol. I chose something unsteady which couldn't provide what I needed and I was left heart broken and devastated when it failed me. Jesus needs to be my rock. He is the only one that can hold this broken heart of mine.

I was talking with a very sweet, young lady and dear friend and I was just expressing how much my heart is breaking right now. As I was talking with her (...and crying... in the library), she said some really beautiful things and the Lord revealed some much needed truths to my heart.

This season of my life has been very hard for me, but I know that God has a beautiful purpose for these struggles in my life. One of my favorite songs Blessings has been such a beautiful gift. I want to praise God for the struggles and pain, because I have faith that He has a plan more beautiful, purposeful and intricate than I could ever dream of for this cross and my life.

I hope you all had a beautiful thanksgiving and happy Advent!

In Christ's Love,
Megan Marie

~Too often we ask for gifts, but forget to ask for the giver Himself. ~

Photo Credit

3 comments:

  1. Great post and thank you for sharing. Focusing on Him is a constant struggle! Beautiful Christian music is so helpful at difficult moments. Blessings is beautiful. Also Oceans https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBJJJkiRukY
    and
    Just be Held https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIZitK6_IMQ

    Another wonderful Christian artist is Michelle Tumes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet comment Zibiah! I just looked up Michelle Tumes. Such beautiful words and music! Thank you!

      Delete
  2. You are welcome, and glad you liked Michelle Tumes :).

    ReplyDelete