Thursday, February 16, 2017

Rest in His Love


Surrendering to God’s will isn’t really a sacrifice at all. There are so many things I wanted, and looking back, I praise and thank God that He gave me what I needed and not what I wanted. Humility is one of the most beautiful paths to joy. Sometimes life cuts so sharply and oh so deeply. It hurts, but I’m grateful. I’m just grateful to be where God wants me. Sometimes the pain gets so intense, but it is only temporary, it is just part of the journey, and the growing. Uniting my sufferings to Christ’s is one of the greatest joys. Offering myself to God, is one of the most profound and lovely things. I don't need to worry about going through this alone (although I sometimes do worry). Even if people have abandoned me, the Lord hasn’t and never will. The journey was never promised to be easy, but it is beautiful. So very beautiful. I joyfully await the day when we can all be in Heaven together, rejoicing and united to Christ in pure Love.
Choosing God’s will instead of my own, isn’t a loss, but rather gain. When I give up everything and put Him first, He can more fully give Himself to me and I to Him. That is the most precious, beautiful and valuable gain I could ever ask for. Remembering that God won’t abandon me and that if He asks me to go somewhere I don’t want to go, or give something up I don’t want to lose, it will always be for His glory. That alone should be the greatest desire of my heart. I’m sad to say that isn’t always the reality. I have to constantly remind myself of this and probably will for the rest of my life. It is part of the journey. Sometimes the journey gets bumpy and overwhelming, but in Christ and His promises, His love and His Divine will… there is a peace despite what sometimes feels like uncontrollable chaos.
Let Him Love you... Let Him take care of you... He is big enough... and you are enough...

Rest in His Love...

No comments:

Post a Comment