Wednesday, February 22, 2017

When it Doesn't Feel...


There are times when everything seems so real, so tangible. It is so easy to believe, because it feels real.

I can't only believe when it feels real and it is easy, though. I have to have faith that God is bigger and not limited to only being real when I feel like He is.

Jesus, I do believe, help my unbelief. When God isn't loving me in the way I want to be loved, but rather in the way I need to be loved, I have to trust Him. I hear of Him doing all of these radical and profound things for other people, which is wonderful. Honestly though, sometimes I feel forgotten. Why don't you do those things for me God? The truth is He is always doing things for me. Usually they are smaller things that don't appear as profound, but I have to choose to see them and be grateful. I have to have faith that there is a reason for this. I believe I'm not forgotten. I believe I am noticed and loved, but help my unbelief God.

You are not confined by the skewed reality I create. You are the creator of reality. Father, increase my trust in You.

It is hardest to believe when you don't feel tangible God, but it is then that it is most crucial for us to believe. It is then that there is immense opportunity for growth and trust.

Lord, I do believe. Help my unbelief. ~ Mark 9:24

No comments:

Post a Comment